Since I’ve already done the tag for five things… I’m going to warp the meme into a 13 click link dump… some fashion stuff, plus some guilty pleasures.
- New York fashion week is over and the blogger invasion is pretty much complete – it seems like we’re all on fashion overload in internetland. Because of the the relentless saturation of information, fashion week is offically, dare we say, demode? Kudos to Almost Girl, fiftyRX3, the Sartorialist, Style Bites, and everyone who blogged their bit to bring us the tents.
- What can change in a season? On the internet, a lot.
- Articles to click include Bloggers in Tents: Fashion Warms to a New Media, I Don’t Like It Unless It’s Brand New, and Help We’re Drowning In a Sea of Shows.
- I read this thread on The Fashion Spot and a bit of schadenfreude… and a sigh. It makes me feel a little better about my own situation, but in despair for the fashion industry and the human race in general. If you added up all of the first world fashion-school debt, you could probably end world hunger. Also on TFS… Parka Pride.
- Ok, so the idea of 3 more fashion weeks to come is exhausting. Let’s think about machines.
- If it’s something, and it’s awful, you’ll find it on Something Awful. This site helpfully aggregates everything that is terrible about the internet.
- I’m a fan of the Self Publishing blog but I never really knew why. Until I found out that Morris Rosenthal also writes speculative fiction combining self-publishing with a dystopian future. Books Are Our Friends. I still don’t know why, but it amuses me. =)
- Need an antidote to the tasteful greys of the NY fall/winter collections… go read Vice Do’s & Don’ts… for the usual tasteless youth tempered by humanity gone wrong.
- Psst… TFBB…
- My weekend cooking adventures continue… as I’ve mentioned my goal this year is to try one new recipe per weekend. So far I’ve done roast chicken, chicken recipes, shrimp, red snapper and sausage recipes… this weekend I am attempting my first ever rib roast. I get a lot of pleasure out of choosing a recipe, walking to the market on Saturday mornings to buy ingredients. You can get almost anything at the market! It’s neat to fill up with hearty home-cooked food at least once a week, and satisfying to feel like I am teaching myself to be a cook. Got any good food links to share? Put those clicks in the comments!
- Check out the new addition to Verbal Croquis’ Portfolio. This is what she calls boring… as if! Love the hard-edged jackets and the drapey tops. Pure VC gold.
- There is no twelve. Thirteen clicks is just too many.
- Finally, the saga of my 501 experiment continues. Here is the denim… raw on the left, and shrunk 10% on the right – 10%!
As for who I tag? I tag you, dear reader. Please pass along a link in the comments. It can be something you clicked on recently, fashion tidbit, thing you like, high or low lights from fashion week, guilty pleasures or linkbait.