Welcome to the click post, the irregular roundup of what I found worth clicking on the internet. It has been a while so expect a long list… I’ve broken it down into categories to make it easier to find what interests you.
Canadian Fashion Links
- Brave Designers Setting up Shop – Philip Sparks and Andy The Anh find opportunities, not excuses.
- Eating with the “Enemy” – a Mississauga fashion entrepreneur on seminars and competition.
- Canadian Winter Style – A Guide – can’t keep up with winter boot and coat trends? Ask SNP.
- Canadian Teen Girl – cute fashion magazine for teenage girls. Cool not condescending.
- Interview with Auntie Fashion – great conversation between two of Canada’s best fashion bloggers.
- Don’t Have Natural Style? Read These – Nathalie Atkinson of the National Post sorts out this year’s how-to-dress books. Say what?
- Costume Society of Ontario – not only is there a group out there for lovers of costume and history, they have a good website too.
- Sunny Choi Gallery – former fashion designer and artist Sunny Choi has opened her own gallery in Toronto.
- Fashion Magazine Supremacy – who are the most influential Canadian fashion magazine editors? Check the comments for an epic mag-hag thread-war. Nevermind the anons, Ceri Marsh and Lisa Tant are too fab to fight.
Online Fashion & Style Links
- I Like My Style – sort of an upmarket Wardrobe Remix – less thrifty more haute.
- The Photography Link – gorgeous scans of fashion editorials.
- Designer Blog Shop – vintage shopping combined with trend posts, from Vintage Couture but featuring more recent designer items.
- You Know You Love It – Leith, the talented teenage fashion blogger who found notoriety and quit because of it is back – and its nice to read her trademark snark again.
- Style Rookie – speaking of the awfully precocious, this style blogger can post circles around most of us and she’s 12 years old. She claims that she even does the photos herself. And I believe her.
- Sea of Shoes – another lovely envy-provoking teenage fashion blogger with access to a closet that most of us can only dream of.
- Advanced Style – thankfully, the under-20 set don’t have the monopoly on terrific style. Check out the over-60 set.
- Rise of the Machines – For those of us that miss Adrian Corsin (Fashion Verbatim just isn’t the same), he returns on Jak & Jil to preach the zenith of insider style without a trace of salt.
- The Fashion List – promises to organize our busy fashion event calendars – so far seems a bit NYC-centric and somehow glitches every time I try to sign up, but seems like a very useful service.
Illustration & Art Links
- Angeline Melin – adorable, very French, linear fashion illustration.
- Tinku Tales – Toronto gallery blog featuring up-and-coming artists and savvy social media cred.
- Bicycle Etiquette – adorable art by Jennie from Toronto.
- Felicia Atanasiu – award-winning Toronto fashion illustrator.
- Questionable Characters – a graphic designer and an illustrator answer questions about their work.
- Lego Fashion Show – !
Fashion Blog Karma – link love for all my commenters, twitter followers, and incoming linkers! Thank you all.
- Sewl Sister #1 – she’s a hipster who sews.
- The “Eventually will Buy” List – a Toronto student lists her style lusts.
- Broadcast Bandits – music and culture from a collective of Toronto bloggers.
- Style A Propos – a friend from school has started a lovely personal style blog.
- A Babe in the Woods – offbeat beauty blog.
- Skirts and Giggles – two best friends post nostalgic outfit photos and hair goo reviews.
- fitTORONTO – newly discovered Toronto fashion blog.
- In Life and In Fashion – thoughtful style blog by a fashion buyer.