Yesterday’s Black Sunday [Toronto Fashion Bloggers] Brunch was a happy reunion with some of the regulars and a welcome opportunity to introduce new faces. To recap, I’m going to list the attendees and let you know what they are up to.
- Ottawa Street Style – Danah just moved to Toronto last month, and started a new position at the WOM marketing outfit Matchstick. She’s still managing her Ottawa blog as well as posting about the events she’s attending in Toronto and the new people she’s met in the city.
- Audit Your Closet – Jas is an entrepreneur based in Mississauga. She is developing a service offering professional tailoring to executive women. This has been her first year of business – she is learning a lot and is transforming her own style in the process.
- I Want – I Got – Anita runs Toronto’s premiere shopping blog. She spent the weekend working the One of a Kind show for jewelry designer Moonrox – and apparently uncovered a hidden talent for selling too.
- Modern Guilt – S and her boyfriend G are the dream team – S has an inventive style and writes thoughtful, positive posts and G takes care of the professional photography – they post daily and have built impressive traffic in less than a year.
- Worn Journal – Serah-Marie‘s alternative fashion journal just released issue #7 with a slow dance party the night before – and despite a lack of sleep she showed up with magazines to share. Her take on fashion skews towards the academic, with a focus on personal experiences and the art and science of textiles. The next issue is all about shoes.
- The Style Box – Gail just officially launched herself as an independent fashion professional. Among her many pursuits she is the managing editor of the TFI news – the most complete aggregate of Canadian fashion stories there is.
- Rags and Mags – Carolyn is taking Lucinda McRuvy on a mysterious adventure with the fashion mafia – if you don’t know what I’m talking about, it’s time to get reading! Carolyn’s ongoing story blog is a delicious mix of drama, satire, fashion and gossip that makes me laugh out loud. Full disclosure – I draw the pictures and contribute story ideas too.
- Bargainista – Eden has been taking on the internet beyond her shopping blog – she’s doing podcasts on online communities and just got nominated as one of Canada’s most influential women in social media!
- I was there too.
Thank you everyone for coming! We had one cancellation – Jacquieshambles was sick and couldn’t come. Feel better soon Jacquie!
What did we talk about? All sorts of stuff! The explosion of Twitter and how we use it, personal style blogging and narcissism, academic fashion conferences, avoiding Black Friday sales, marketing and PR with a personal touch, and so much more.
Does this mean that I have revived the monthly brunches? I don’t think so, though I will be organizing more TFBBs in the future, expect them to be irregular with very limited seating. If you would like to come to the next one, I would suggest subscribing to my blog to be notified – check the right sidebar =>
The size and infrequency of the brunches will mean that not everyone who wants to come will be able to – so I would also like to encourage other fashion bloggers in Toronto (and elsewhere) to initiate their own brunches. I wrote a post on it a while ago, and you’re welcome to ask me any questions if you would like to organize your own fashion bloggers brunch.