Welcome to click click, the sporadic review of what I find worth clicking on the internet.
These striking photos record how student demonstrators in Montreal are wearing the red square as a symbol of the right to gather in protest, and access to to higher education. See more and learn more at Worn Journal.
- How To Do What You Love – a classic essay on enjoying your work. I found the contrary attitude towards prestige intriguing. For more on this topic, Neil Gaiman’s commencement address is well worth listening to. Hat tip to ever-helpful Nextness.
- Meg Mosley – I’ve been following Meg on twitter for a while, just enjoying how she is always agog. At first I thought she was just a very enthusiastic person, until I checked out her site and learned that she is an artist with intriguing ideas about trans-generational celebration and small-town aspirations. I’m looking forward to watching the documentary she’s making about her stylish granny.
- Cat Marnell Does Not Give A Shit – a rare beauty writer with a personality continues to fascinate, but for how long? Marnell isn’t good because she does drugs – she’s good because she’s smart and realized that in the boring world of beauty “what people really want to see right now is someone who’s being honest about being a complete mess.” But now that her column is in the trashcan that is Vice, it is virtually unreadable if you are sober.
- An Effort to Bury a Throwaway Culture One Repair at a Time - as a mindful mender myself, this is my kind of social movement. Discovered via ReWardrobe and Bridget Harvey.
- What The World is Listening To This Summer - the best way to rid your head of Call Me Maybe may be to listen to some alternate earworms. I especially enjoyed the Korean and Swedish jams. Found via Day 6.
Karma for karma’s sake…
- The Make Escape – a cute monthly craft social in Hackney that I’ve participated in a couple of times. Great way to meet new people and get your hands working on something other than a keyboard.
- vivart dream - “I’m an aspiring designer, author, actress, singer, and artist. In other words…Super Girl!”
- Awkward Stage – “amazing people are working on wonderful empires right in our own back yard”