Welcome to Click Click, the fairly regular roundup of what I find worth clicking on the internet.
- Auntie Fashion announces the winner of the Fashion Journalist Superhunk popularity contest, proving… that Andrew Sardone’s friends like to tease him about his smokin’ hotness, and that together, we make up the majority of Auntie’s readers.
- There’s been a lot of talk about hating or not hating fashion lately in the wake of this Guardian post. I like this rebuttal from Tavi which more closely aligns with my own point of view, and I found two links in this article to be great archival examples of this genre of rant – Why I Hate Beauty from Psychology Today, and I Hate Fashion from Vice Magazine.
- Rea reminded me of Nathalie Atkinson’s tour of Toronto’s remaining factories in the wake of a somewhat confused discussion of the discontinuity of industrial knowledge that fashion is suffering presently. The comments are worth a read and a ponder, just don’t allow the distracting intensity to raise your pulse. Rea and I are trying to reset the tone to get at what we find really interesting.
- The Canadian School focuses on news about a close-knit group of Canadian fashion professionals who work abroad – sort of in the spirit of the Antwerp Six.
- Luxirare challenges the notion that intriguing, high quality original fashion imagery online can’t match magazine editorial. What is even more impressive is that it is a one-woman show. My latest favourite is an ambitious DIY – making Black Suede Ankle Boots.
- Some gorgeous fashion illustrator finds – Looks Good To Me and Steffi Schutze.
+++ click karma for commenters and linkers. Handshakes all around.
- turn the record over… – “music snob, film critic, screenwriter, music supervisor, actor, and honest advice giver with a love of fashion”
- tres lola – “committed to promoting ethics, positivity & fabulousness every day”
- Olive Life – “for people who love to olive”
- Construct Fashion was kind enough to give me a shoutout – do I really come off as timid and NOT IN YOUR FACE? =)