Welcome to click click, the sporadic review of what I find worth clicking on the internet.
These candid photos in American malls in the 1980s by Michael Galinsky are transporting, and the fashions of ordinary people seem incredibly exotic now.
- Just Goods – is a blog by a reader, Ryan, that’s really beginning to hit its stride. Mostly featuring images of “just goods”, and recently expanding to include commentary and content about how goods are crafted, its well worth an extended look. Here’s a highlight – a video of Roy of Roy’s Jeans.
- Gucci Gucci – Kreayshawn’s video is a fashion earworm with some killer lines like “why you looking bitter, I be looking better, the kind of bitch you wish you never met her” - but what really clinches it for me is the uncanny similarity to the classic Canadian stoner comedy Wayne’s World.
- I DON’T GET ART – Yeah. Me too.
- And I Should Know – fascinating memoir by Roseanne Barr about authorship, and power grabs, when creating within a corporation.
- Jeans for deep pockets – the Financial Times surveys that indigo oxymoron, the couture jean.
- Peep Show – I just discovered this excruciating, hilarious British comedy, and I’ve already decided it’s one of the best TV shows I’ve ever seen – best, you can watch it online in the UK.
Karma for magnificent linkers and commenters…
- My Illustrative Life – “I’m a person, I wear clothes I like for reasons I’ll tell you when it suits me and fairly often mouth off about things that make me ANGRY”
- The Scoop – paper dolls of Danielle Meder - nice feature of my paper dolls by intrepid UK entrepreneur Jo Gifford.
- Ether Fields – “You’re always haunted by the idea you’re wasting your life.” — Chuck Palahniuk
- Love Sewing – in the studio with Danielle Meder – a great Q&A with me by Rebecca Tay, about how I work.
- Belle Chantelle – “University student/dancer on hiatus/blogger” Chantelle is recruiting questions to ask me… so if you ever wanted to know, this is like a one-off formspring.