Welcome to click click, the sporadic review of what I find worth clicking on the internet.
Which Fall 2013 fashion show references from these two film stills? A critical pictorial reviewer, LYNN and HORST juxtaposes images, showing you the visual connections that positions collections in the cultural continuum. A stellar recommendation from John Michael of 1972 Projects.
- Charlie Porter – another tip top tip-off from John Michael. Start with his indictment of bourgeois punk.
- Street Style Pics of the Hate Crime(?) Worker – The Grumpy Owl discusses street style in terms of consent, wearables and sinister surveillance. It seems like everything has been said about street style – now the rhetoric is on backlash mode. See also: How Street Style Became a Hate-Watching Sport and Take My Picture. I have a few thoughts on what I call an attention economy.
- I’m Way Totally Ungay And Love Fashion, Bro – writing parodies of fashion writing is almost impossible, they’re never really quite as preposterous as the originals.
- The World’s First 3D Printing Pen that lets you Draw Sculptures – incredible!
- “Firefly” Hat Triggers Controversy – pop culture + DIY culture + the internet leads to some knockoff kerfluffle.
- The Goth Phase – Rachel White writes an intriguing exploration of affecting a persona through appearances.
Tip-offs receive tip-ins,
- Of Stranger Sensibilities – thank you Elisa for connecting this wonderful, essential fashion blog to me.
- Dextrous Diva – wherein I offer some non-advice for blogging.
- The Style Confessions – includes an old favourite post of mine in a roundup of posts on fashion blogging as a mature trend.
- Sewing Tidbits – “by a French girl”
- Oranges & Apples – “musings on fashion, society and parenthood”
- Reply All Please – “a daily blogalog”