Welcome to click click, the sporadic review of what I find worth clicking on the internet.
Beautiful multiple exposures of FW14 fashion shows on analog film by Kevin Tachman, featured on Vogue. Above, Lanvin. Below, Versace. Lots of links, it’s been a while.
- No Bikes, No Trousers – North Korea has literal fashion police. But even they can’t stop pants. Via James Turnbull. Meanwhile, Russia bans lace lingerie?
- Magenta Ain’t A Colour – eyes straight ahead, Chromatherapy alert, magenta is an extraspectral colour. Plus, some more colour theory from Goethe.
- The Monocle Returns as a Fashion Accessory – news we can use.
- This “Normal Barbie” Has The Proportions Of An Average American 19-Year-Old – did everyone forget the fate of Lisa Lionheart? Fashion always wins, fools! (And of course Barbie officially rebuts.)
- Fiber Optic Fabric – I’d love to play around with this, I’m so glad we live in the near future.
- Paper Dresses Fashion By Mayhem – pure joy.
- Everybody’s Doing It – the digital, aesthetic dispersal of young people’s peer groups has released peer pressure. Now what?
- How much my novel cost me – excruciating if you’re a dream chaser who has occasionally suspected your career choice may be delusional.
- Good Fashion, Bad Fashion and the Logic of Taste – or, the slippery illogic of taste. Good post.
- Writing on the wall – illegible, anaesthetic, denatured, senseless, and profitable – mock-graffiti grips fantasy of authenticity, hard.
- Could Illustration Offer an Antidote to Fashion Banality? – the most influential critic is in our court, but can illustrators hit the ball? It seems with fashion illustration, you can’t expect people to care, somehow you have to make them care. But how?
- DRAKE – a little preview of Silhouettes & Signals on the Drake blog!
- Textstyles – intrepid international style photographer Stefania Yarhi shot me in the studio as a Favourite. The feeling is mutual!
- MBF Trend Talk – interviewed about what I do with a trend forecaster.
- RADmag – wrote a 300 word bio for my Alumni magazine.
- The Fashion Spot – gave TFS a sneak peek of my NYFW FW14 portfolio.
- urbanebloc – TFBB alumni Gloria Chik is doing her thing New York now!
- BENDA – Ben Liu Illustration – the PC to my Mac at Toronto Fashion Week last season.
- LOOKBOOK BOY