Welcome to click click, the sporadic review of what I find worth clicking on the internet.
The Very Stupidest Things Vogue Has Ever Published About Politics – I tend to avoid mentioning current events as a fashion blogger because I feel ridiculous doing it. But Vogue doesn’t seem to worry about that. Which is so fascinating – if fashion isn’t meant to be taken seriously, why does it gloss over serious issues? Why does an authority on taste get away with such extreme lapses in taste? This is where fashion and comedy overlap.
- 12 Fashion Writers You Should Know And Read – a great roundup that introduces some smart under-the-radar writers and bloggers.
- Talking Fashion: Professional Life – Garance Dore amusingly translates the language of insincerity.
- Flare jeans may give denim market a leg up – and not just the denim market – when jeans change, so do tops and shoes. Get ready for a major shift in silhouette.
- Unpaid jobs: The new normal? – so-called businesses and unpaid employees (?) who participate in this fake economy are complicit in the race to the bottom. I don’t have much pity for plaintiffs like this one. We are all free to turn down exploitative work, in fact it is our responsibility to do so if we value freedom.
- Top Ten Makeover Movie Scenes – slumber-party interlude!
- media kit giveaway! – if you’re like me – a fashion entrepreneur who finds writing your own media kit is like pulling teeth, why not enter to win and have Annching to do it for you?
- What it feels like to be Rich – the rest of us really want to know.
- The Larry Gagosian Effect – speaking of the incomprehensible movements of outrageous amounts of money, the tip top of the art world is totally bizarre to contemplate.
Additionally, karmically, totally for linkers and commenters.
- Bell Street – “I have always favoured bright colour palettes, bold silhouettes and a retro aesthetic.”
- my favourite obsession – “I’m Alex. I am a fashion business student in Toronto.”
- The Fashion Recruit – “I’ve got to admit that I’m always in awe of the fashion industry.”
- a.fashion.deliberation – “Because we love fashion just as much as the tall girls.”
- Jo Faulkner Textile Design – “specializing in Print Design at the Glasgow School of Art”