Welcome to click click, the sporadic review of what I find worth clicking on the internet.
At a cute little yarn shop called Prick Your Finger on Globe Road, there is a knitted literary (kniterary?) window display by artist Tom Van Deijnen. He created sets of gloves inspired by passages from his favourite novels, including Lady Chatterley’s Lover (above) and Anna Karenina (below). I was lucky to attend the launch event and met so many friendly folks there.
- VOGUE: Fashion in the Digital Age – a must-listen podcast for anyone who is interested in how the media revolution is affecting fashion brands and fashion magazines. Robin Derrick and Disneyrollergirl both offer wonderfully candid insights.
- Why Jeggings Should be Banned In Schools – if you ever suspected that jeggings are a sign of sartorial apocalypse, or found ridiculous fashion neologisms amusing, this will make you laugh.
- The Revolting Dandy – Ryan focuses his monocle on the connection between dandies and revolutions.
- A.P.C.’s Jean Touitou Speaks His Mind and Shreds Some Egos – definitely not an “I design for today’s woman” interview, wow.
- An Intellectual Fashion – artist Francesco Vezzoli talks fashion, not style, and I enjoyed the distinction. “No, I’m not into style. I don’t know what style is. I don’t know whether having a style means having ‘style’.”
- Tom Ford is [not] Remaking Roller Boogie – silly hats off to Auntie Fashion for fooling two top fashion news blogs. Hilarious!
- “Imitation is always a compliment.” Really? – Franca Sozzani is currently producing what has to be one of the most fascinating, frank, and funny Editor-in-Chief’s blogs ever. She may not be as articulate as Vreeland, and much is probably lost in translation, but it is clearly admirable that she is so wholeheartedly throwing herself into a medium she misunderestimates, to put it Bushly.
Plus plus plus! Karma for incoming linkers and commenters.
- Annabelle Cosmetics’ Blog – “M A K E U P , T R E N D S , B E A U T Y”
- Just Goods
- page sixxx - “just another fashion obsessed 22 year old”
- Phreshly Squeezed – “Barb is a twenty-something year old university student from Toronto, Canada who is constantly on the move.”
- Think CONTRA – “a collective of thought purveyors who believe controversy and contrast are good, but creative freedom is even better.”
- On Fashion – “your daily fashion fix”
- Head in the Clouds – “musings of a serial daydreamer…”
- The Magic Square Foundation – “The specialist field of study I’m working in is critical fashion theory, with an emphasis on contemporary political context.”