Welcome to click click, the sporadic review of what I find worth clicking on the internet.
- Colors – if you find the magical and mystifying properties of color as fascinating as I do, you’ll enjoy this radio documentary.
- Manolo the First Fashion Blogger? – a great refresher on the real innovators of fashion blogging, making me a bit nostalgic for the way it used to be. Now that fashion bloggers are aggressively professionalizing, there’s too much polish and not enough sparkle.
- Born to Die: Lana Del Rey and Women using their Sexuality – I love this line of thinking… to me the idea that feminist depictions of women have to be limited to the positive or political or powerful – chains down creativity. We need female Citizen Kanes, female Tony Montanas, female Michael Jacksons… fatally flawed, complicated, difficult stories matter too. We don’t demand idealist perfection from male cultural icons. Tragedy is a valid and valuable form of expression for all human beings. We need bad role models just as much as good ones, or how can we tell the difference?
- Threaded – the new fashion-but-not-just-fashion history blog from the Smithsonian is a virtual treasure box.
- Teen Vogue Will Never Pledge to Promote ‘Beauty in All Forms’ Because It Doesn’t Want To – and personally I admire the unequivocal honesty. Vogue is a fashion magazine, not a women’s magazine. The brand is about hierarchies and hegemony, equality has no place on those pages. Somehow I wouldn’t be surprised to see Seventeen slip into second place for all its good (?) intentions. The real lesson for kids and editors alike, I suspect, is that like life, fashion isn’t fair.
- Q: Why Do We Wear Pants? A: Horses – there’s a bifurcation/equestrian correlation.
- Life.Style.Fun – “Wannabe artist, in love-hate relationship with fashion, overthinker, information addict, honest and hypocrite.”
- Anabel Maldonado – “I am a London-based writer and editor.”
- A Creative Reality – “a compilation of inspiration with a focus on creative individuals, events, entrepreneurship and fashion.”
- Ether Fields – “You’re always haunted by the idea you’re wasting your life.”