Welcome to click click, the sporadic review of what I find worth clicking on the internet.
Yesterday I got to see one of the more exciting annual shows in Toronto – the Cashmere 2010 bathroom tissue collection. Cashmere is a brand that has really made the effort to feature Canadian design talent, and encouraging them to create designs that are unusual and extreme, out of toilet paper. Every year it is exciting to see what the designers do with the brief, and this year’s collection did not disappoint. The design above is by Zoran Dobric.
- Fashion History + The Silk City – a little retrospective on the history of the rag trade in New York, plus a look back on the origins of Fashion Week with Fern Mallis.
- A brief history of the fashion show – an oldie but goodie from Slate reminding us that the history of the fashion show and fashion week is in fact, very brief.
- Does Fashion Week Make Good Theatre? – a very good outsider’s take on New York fashion week, by a theatre critic.
- Tim Gunn Season 8 Episode 8 Recap – Tim Gunn is more awesome than ever before in 2010 – he’s gone from avuncular to unequivocal. This video blog was apparently pulled from the Lifetime site but saved by an intrepid Project Runway fan. Tell us what you really think, Tim!
- 3 keys to un-branding… and why I changed my twitter name – I’ve been considering doing this for a while, and @DanielleLaPorte pushed me over the edge, in her inimitable way. You can follow me now @daniellemeder.
- Spanish Designer Demonstrates Spray-On Clothing – Wow! I can’t wait to see fashion designers take this technology to the next level… the possibilities are so intriguing. More pictures and video here.
- Good Fucking Design Advice.
- KM3D-1 – got a pair of 3D glasses handy? If not, pick up the current issue of AnOther Magazine so you can watch Kate Moss get in your face with diamonds.
- Getting Back to the Phantom Skill – the Times is offering a 12 week drawing course.
Karma for all the commenters and linkers who make Final Fashion so much livelier <3 you all really came out of the woodwork this week to wish me well, thanks so much!
- Spontaneous Reality - “spon·ta·ne·ous: sudden inner impulse without premeditation. re·al·i·ty: the world or the state of things as they actually exist.”
- The Runaway Dress – “Our minds are deceiving, we believe whatever we assume and at times, we assumed wrong.”
- Nature Insider – “I will be your guide into the world of gourmet cuisine with a healthy touch :)”
- Style Salvage – “an open discussion conducted by two friends, Steve and EJ, on how men could (and should) dress.”
- Ashley Bartlett – “A girl about town, Ashley is constantly on the go. Call this a diary of sorts. A diary of travels. A diary of experiences.”
- With a glowing heart – “I am in transition between a city I dearly love and a city I know nothing about, here are some thoughts and images along the journey.”
- Dream on Rainy Days – “She’s out to cure her wanderlust, indulge her love of books, food and fashion, and whenever possible, write about those things with gusto.”
- Starrilicious – “My current obsession is sewing followed closely by crochet.”
- Dara Dot Designs - “handcrafted jewellery and accessories company focused on bringing fun back into fashion.”