Welcome to Click Click, the regular roundup of what I find worth clicking on the internet. Two weeks worth this time, it is epic.
- Worn Journal’s blog posted a lovely interview – with me. Laura asked great questions and Ashley took some excellent photos. The comments made my day!
- “The jacket is now coast to coast to coast !! So how are you girls spending your time smirk !!” I got a terrific screed of a comment from Thomas Brent, Canadian Fashion Designer on an old post from 2006. If that kind of passion doesn’t make you want to buy a Canadian flap jacket, I don’t know what will. You have to love a fashion designer with a sense of humour.
- Fashion illustration links – Lovely live catwalk illustrations by fashion illustration student Lindsey Kinsella, polished designer-inspired drawings by Ruth Wang, designer sketches for the Barbie anniversary collection.
- Sarah Nicole works the Canadian chic on the streets of London, and catches the eye of the Sartorialist. Read her LFW show reviews at FASHION Magazine.
- See more of the real thing at What’s Your Persona, a Toronto street style site.
- Seems like custom shirt sites are popping up all over the internet – for the man who wants to pick his own collars, cuffs, and dry goods, refer to Moniker or Shirts My Way.
- Fellow Ryerson Fashion Design ’06er Blair Nadeau has just launched a sweet line of Feathered fascinators.
- Another friend from school, fur designer Sidney Holloway launches his website.
- Remember this New York Observer article – Fashion Bloggers Unite? Fashion Indie can dish the criticism but can’t take it – Saynt is suing.
- Fashion-Incubator posts a PSA to fashion bloggers who request samples from designers.
- Belle IQ offers a more analytical take on fashion editorial. Love this feature, more please!
- The Style Box lays down the 10 LG Fashion Week commandments. I tend to break #2 on a regular basis. The Subadult Years posts her response.
- The Grumpy Owl on Improving the Closet. Also, he has a camcorder now.
- Queen Gilda is back from the dead and is living in Parsons Hell. I missed her. Hope to see more fashion school posts, if she ever finds the time!
- DemiCouture detects a problem with Project Runway Canada – I have friends who would agree. (Carolyn are you reading?!)
Last but never least, fashion blog karma for all my internet friends!