Welcome to Click Click, the once-regular roundup of what I find worth clicking on the internet. The last month has been way crazy for me so I haven’t managed to round things up as regularly and I usually do – so here’s an action-packed roundup to make up for all the irregularity. Thanks for your patience!
- Anyone can get robbed, even pretty girls with witty words like the ladies at Worn Journal. Help them out – donate, subscribe, advertise! – for all the karma you’ll need if it ever happens to you. *knock on wood*
- Snark attack – an intriguing review of a book on a subject that piques my curiousity as a mediaphile. I’ve posited my own theory on how the media is turning flamewhore before, and this author’s argument seems to support that idea.
- So much fuss over Demi’s hip amuses me. As someone who draws and looks at figures a lot, the odd line of her hip strikes me as real, not adjusted. Those of us in the image industry often see that what is real looks unnatural – nature is weird. Expert imagemakers know this – that’s why we use photoshop. I bet this brouhaha about over-photoshopping is actually over a case of under-photoshopping. Who do you believe? I drew my own conclusions.
- Last chance for Caninja – Adrienne is clearing out her inventory of the accessory that put her on the map – of Canada – own a bit of Northern history.
- What does poetry have to do with Project Runway? An examination of taste and judgement from a literary perspective. Thanks to Jabberdust for the link – check out her gorgeous scarves at the FGI sample sale in Toronto this weekend.
- Fascinating article about Versace’s meteoric rise and slow fall – it could be very aptly illustrated with this cartoon by Gaping Void.
- Sir Paul Smith gives a very candid interview on his opinions on the fashion industry – “I’ve always preferred the creative process of designing and selling clothes to the idea of putting on a poncey fashion show.”
Plus, major fashion blog karma for friends of Final Fashion!
- Sweetlife illustrates a series on choosing the right dress with some of my paper dolls – looking pretty sweet!
- Sift, Dust and Toss checked out The Roosevelt Room from a foodie perspective and mentions me (!) – and so does Toronto Tasting Notes.
- Deeply Superficial – my friend Truc, a marvelous thinker, writer, and fashion pro, is blogging again. You should subscribe!
- Stylish Goose – this commenter does lovely fashion illustrations from Canada’s capital city.
- The Cheap Girl gives me a shout-out for my paper dolls – thanks! And so does Fiercliveshere – go check out his amazing hats. And Dualite! And Fashion Claim! Love you all.
- The Backseat Stylers know it and show it – “the view is best from the back seat.” And here’s another backseater worth checking – Satisfashion.
- See a couple of pre-fashion week interviews with me at She Does the City and Vitamin Daily.