Welcome to click click, the sporadic review of what I find worth clicking on the internet.
The Face September 1982 – a classic example of double denim. With a very appropriate tagline – Hard Times – for a theme I’ve been thinking about, the aesthetics of scarcity. It is just a coincidence this issue is from the month I was born.
- Is the rise of wearable electronics finally here? – an excellent survey post on the past 10 years of wearable technology.
- All Watched Over by Machines of Loving Grace – wild, complicated documentary TV series all about technology, power, love, money and more. Via Julian.
- Look at this fucking oogle – I just received a great comment on one of my favourite posts that alerted me to the existence of a subculture built around, in my own words, “the aesthetics of scarcity”. Oogles!
- JAPANESE BAGELHEADS – new in extreme body modification trends, but not the most extreme, would not recommend eating a bagel while reading this.
- Red Carpet Ruffles and Whorls – cool juxtaposition of design drawings and finished glamour gowns by Versace. Also: a rare interview with Allegra Beck.
- Blogger Beautiful? An Examination Of What It Means To Be Beautiful & Valuable In Fashion Blogging – a complicated post about the beauty/size economics of outfit blogging. The reminder not to hate the player is cogent; fashion blogging, like acting, for better or for worse, has become another type of modelling, with all the inherent drawbacks.
- Making Money as a Professional Fashion Blogger – great post about the realities of blog-based income by Ashe Mischief. Including, as shown below, a breakdown of my own revenue over the past year.
Additional linkage in kind karma –
- Pink Martini’s Q&A with Danielle Meder – nice little interview with me for a client’s blog.
- Rachel Rabbit White – a nuanced take on the Slutwalk phenomenon, by a brilliant writer whose blog is well worth an extended visit.
- The Jenny Project – lovely Jenny posts about food & personal projects, and she said some things about my blog that made me glad.
- M & Em – “First of all, there are two of us: M and Em. Second, we are still in high school. And third, we live in a hick town.”
- Handbags and Fag Hags – “page for girls with balls, girls who want to have balls, balls who want to have girls and everything in between”
- The Styling Dutchman – Annebeth was righteously strident on this post and her point is sharp. Check her outfit blog, it’s prolific and pretty.
- Shybiker – “Hi! I’m a lawyer who enjoys motorcycles, fashion and film. Oh, and I’m transgendered.”
- A Slight Nod to Style – “Nomad wanderer at heart.”
- Megan Thomas Illustration – “I am an Illustrator currently residing in Manchester, England.”
- What’s Really Good? – “Hi. Here you will find my notes, creations and observations.”