Welcome to click click, the sporadic review of what I find worth clicking on the internet.
Gorgeous images of indigo dying found at A LIFE WITH DENIM.
- For 40 years, This Russian Family Was Cut Off From All Human Contact – a truly dramatic story with an instigator related to appearances – Peter the Great’s beard tax. It also makes clear the significance of the technology of the loom for human dignity and survival.
- Has the Fashion Blogging Bubble Burst? – that’s rich, pun intended, coming from IFB, the website that profited most off of the easy money mentality that brought so many brand-pandering arrivistes onto the scene. I’ve touched on this before from a personal perspective.
- Here’s The Thing – sink into that deep, mellifluous American accent. Alec Baldwin talks to some fascinating people, including Lewis Lapham and Lena Dunham.
- Why industrial chic is back in fashion – some of the more peculiar fashion writing I’ve ever read – I guess this would be an example of working class pretensions? Because nothing shows solidarity with dead miners like a designer lamp?
- Portraits of Older Women With Their Childhood Dolls – truly touching images.
Because karma is kind -
- Frank – I got captured on audio gabbing about London hustling, live runway sketching, and the fashion media meltdown. I can’t remember what-all I said but it was fun to do.
- I am Moon ((O)) – “Finally finally finally, after much blood, sweat, tears, moisture (or how hot a woman) and finger calluses she is there: I am Mon“