Heat wave happening here in Toronto… the radio tells us to turn off our a/c and stop watering the geraniums lest we catch fire in a blackout. Wipe the sweat off your mouse and grab a cold drink, clicking need not take a lot of energy.
- Over at The Fashion Spot I got to pick a winner for my TFS Project Runway challenge. Check out all the awesome entries and special thanks to Ceije and Destroy Jennifer who joined TFS just to play my game! I still have some invites left so if you want to become a member of my favourite fashion forums just email me and let me know.
- More news on the Project Runway Canada front – the mentor role will be played by Brian Bailey, and the judging team regulars are Rita Silvan of ELLE Canada and Shawn Hewson of Bustle. I am looking forward to watching what I hope will be a gem of Canadiana… as an armchair critic of course.
- Toronto’s resident model blogger Mad Glam posts the story of her career in Asia. This rural Canadian girl has got a good head firmly attached to a lithe body.
- Even as I get to the final few passes under the machine for the wedding dress… I eagerly anticipate its destruction in the name of memorable photography. Trash the dress!
- Yet another set of fashion events is coming to Toronto… looking to give L’Oreal Fashion Week and the Week of Style a run for the runway.
- Link love! Check out Threads and Buttons, Velvet Goldmine, A Fashionable Life, and FAB-ulous.
- I am joining CAPIC to commune with my fellow illustrators – if you are interested in freelancing check out their site for seminars, events and resources for Canadian photographers and illustrators. If people are interested I may make a post out of it.
Ok time to unstick my fingers from the keyboard and pick up my parasol to find a shady patio, a cold beer, and a fashion friend to talk shop with…