Eastern Phoebe by clucxkow on Flickr
How about a little interlude of gratitude… I had the most amazing May Two Four weekend and it inspired me to compile a new list of lovely things I love (a la Gala).
- Wearing summer dresses and sandals, every day.
- Birds! Phoebes (like the one above), robins, wild turkeys, bluebirds, all of them.
- Flowers! Especially sweet smelling apple blossoms and lilac trees on old farmsteads, and little strawberry blossoms in the sand.
- My mom and dad, who make being easygoing seem so effortless.
- Puns! I saw SATC2 last night and laughed out loud – see writer/director Michael Patrick King on The Daily Show to see why.
- Amazing, supportive, encouraging clients who keep me in business and give me challenges that make me grow. Words cannot express my gratitude.
- My long-suffering, tiny, ancient window AC unit, for making working in my studio tolerable.
- Ray, who shows me how to be on my own trip.
- Hot Tim Hortons coffee in the morning and cold beer in the afternoon.
- Doonesbury cartoons by Garry Trudeau, who taught me everything I know about modern American politics.
- The “At Issue” panel on CBC TV’s The National – best 10 minute brief on Canadian politics every week, from a panel of intelligent pundits that actually respect and enjoy each other.
- Rage Against the Machine, and Leonard Cohen as sung by Jennifer Warne, contrasting on the top of my iTunes.
- Saving money and dreaming up the most meaningful ways I can use it.
- Playing like children with dear childhood friends, just frolicking in the sun for the fun of it.
What are you loving lately?