October 1, 2012
click click – 01-10-12
Welcome to click click, the sporadic review of what I find worth clicking on the internet.
- Insane Clown Posse: And God created controversy – this 2010 Jon Ronson article is a good backgrounder on the genesis of the juggalo. In November 2011, this unique modern subculture was classified by the FBI as a gang. In August 2012, Insane Clown Posse launched a lawsuit against the FBI. This is only going to get more interesting.
- The Devil’s Toy – irrational fear of youth subculture is nothing new, as this 1966 mockumentary shows.
- Neglect ruins Imelda Marcos’ vast shoe collection – a rotting mountain of designer shoes feels like it should be a metaphor for something.
- Robert Pizzo Advises On the Etiquette of Email Marketing – a really excellent and inspiring post on sending worthwhile direct email. Related – a long post about sending short emails to important people, cogent words to consider before hitting send.
- Adventures in Commissioning – anecdotes from the art department.
- The Cost Of A Logo – when it comes to graphic design, price and worth are wildly disparate concepts.
- Riding the Herd Mentality – this fascinating podcast offers some insights into fashion… heck, into everything.
- Vivian Maier – Her Discovered Work – an incredible street photographer who worked in obscurity, and now her body of work is winning posthumous acclaim.
- On This Day in History – the surprisingly violent significance of September 15th and straw hats. Via Giant Beard.
Karma for commenters and linkers… a long list of lovelies this edition!
- Lucis 7 – “I’m Luci and this is where I like to post some of my works as fashion designer, random writings and share things i like.”
- Living Life Barefoot – “Sometimes life is a little more fun when the shoes come off.”
- feather spirit – “connecting to creativity, soul, nature and self-care”
- Un Petit Bijou – “a place for my musings on my personal style, building the perfect wardrobe, fashion and the little (often forgotten) things that inform individual style, elegance and grace.”
- Caroline Fryar – “Knitter. Spinner. Designer. Gardener.”
- SSTATUS – “the only blog where the things you don’t care about get talked about like someone cares”
- AnybodySomebodyNobody – “a style blog that is for those who live in Dubai and further afield, don’t like the term ‘fashionista’ and just like to hear about what’s beautiful, unique and coveted in the eye of this beholder.”
- Clare Herbert – “I’m a writer, non-profit communications specialist, mentor & student currently based in Dublin, Ireland.”
- The Mixtape Journal – Tara’s London style blog.
- Planet617 Photography – “Boston based photographer primarily interested in collaborating with fashion professionals to help bring their creative vision to market.”
- Smoking Lily – “Our creations are sewn and silk-screened in-house by a handful of talented women who believe in making quality goods that they love to wear, and hope that you will too.”
- Psynopsis – “I wasn’t only interested in discussing self-adornment, but also in art and the wider aspects of fashion, styling and design”
- The Tea Stylist – “bringing style to the art of tea appreciation”
- Hepwright’s Vintage Fashion – “you will find wonderful hand picked vintage clothes, accessories, homewares, textiles and collectibles”
- Wardrobe Oxygen – “Personal Style by Alison Gary”
- Breeyn McCarney – “works to balance her interest in politics and world events with her drive to create beautiful objects of fashion.”